August 29, 2012

"I BOUGHT THIS BOAT AND MY WIFE LEFT ME AND NOW I LIVE ON THIS BOAT BY MYSELF"

so hot right now......

So Mr Woog has started to make some noise about buying a boat. This, coming from a man whose boating experience extends to going on the Manly Ferry once back in 1998. For some reason he feels that owning a boat will be great for the family.

You know what I think would be great for the family? Owning a fucking car that is reliable.

Mr Woog was trying to talk to me about all the advantages of boat ownership while we were watching the Woogettes play tennis yesterday afternoon. He knows how to work me. Have these conversations in a public place so I cannot completely lose my rag at him.

The funny thing is, that he thought I would come around to the idea if he chose to name the boat....... WOOGSWORLD. There is no way I am having the name of my beloved blog plastered down the side of his latest slice of midlife crisis. So I told him an alternative name for his fictional boat.

"I BOUGHT THIS BOAT AND MY WIFE LEFT ME AND NOW I LIVE ON THIS BOAT BY MYSELF" 

With a little dolphin next to it. Naturally.

The boat thing was irritating me, so I turned to where I turn to whenever I have a dilemma, which is several times a day. That place is this blogs Facebook page, which is made up of fun, fabulous and fearless chicks. I asked them about their partners mid-life melt downs, and here are a few of the many responses.


Mines trekking to Bhutan next year O_o he is *cough* not the most athletic bloke *cough gag fart* ... Anyone got the name of a good travel insurer?



The Harley Davidson catalogue arrived last week. Hold me dear friends.

Mine went for the younger woman!

Cycling widow right here...

We have been through the motorbike phase & have now entered the yachting phase, not sure if its midlife crisis as its been going for 14 years!

Oh yes - Hubby has bought himself a go-kart...and likes to walk around in his 'racing gear' before leaving for a day at the track - swaggering around like he is a Formula One pro or something! FFS!

Boat, racing car, Lycra cycling gear. We have it all at our house. I may have asked this before but why do mens' hobbies have to cost so much coin?

Guitar and starting up a Rock band at 60

Turned 50 in July - A black mx5 convertible! Oh and a personalized number plate LTK007 (yes I kid you not he would love to be James bond) Which is great when you've got two kids!! I suppose they can always run behind! God love him!


This made me feel a lot better, knowing that I was not the only one  waking up every morning to a new hair brained idea which costs money that we do not have.


Do you agree with Mr Woog when he calls me a Dreamcrusher?
Has your partner ventured down any of these paths?
When is it time to draw the line....




Related Posts with Thumbnails