July 29, 2013

Why are women so bitchy?

My mate Jo sent me this on Friday.


It made me wet my pants a bit, because I was doing just that when I saw it. I immediately snapped myself in the same position.



Before I realised that you could see the zit that I home facialled just moments before, I whacked her up onto the WoogsWorld Facebook page and invited readers, that if indeed they were sitting exactly like this, to do the same.

It was really nice to see women, just like me, doing the exact same thing. That community is very cool, or at least I thought so.

I got this email shortly after.

I just got an email in my "Other" inbox. I'm assuming its from one of your followers. She said "Nice photo - you narcissistic bitch. Love yourself much?".

I'm gutted. I took the pic down. What's wrong with women? I'm 48 years old. I lost nearly 70kg to look like I do now. There would have been a time I never would have posted my real pic online.

I'm not on a lot of "womens" pages. I find them to be very bitchy and quite childish. But your page is different, well it was, until now.

The person who sent me the email used a fake name account so its pointless exposing them. I just think its sad that women drag each other down so much. My story would make the average soul cry buckets. I've earned my spot in Heaven because I was born into Hell. The struggles I've endured to get to where I am now. An ageing mum with two small boys who are my entire world. I'm a good person. I didn't deserve that. I'm sorry that your reader felt so intimidated and small by a simple pic of a happy woman who worked damn hard to earn her smile. 



Ah decency! Where for out thou?

It has bothered me since and I have been desperately searching my brain to find the answers as to why someone would do such a thing.

Are they full of self loathing and get some sort of thrill by trying to bring someone down?

Working on the internet, it is something I see on a daily basis, and it is almost always women.

What is wrong with us?

The old saying, If you don't have anything nice to say etc etc etc has no place in the online world it seems.

Me? Oh I have grown a thick skin and have learnt to navigate the negativeness, but it has taken some time.

But to see grown women take to online bullying in such a way, IN MY OWN BACKYARD, well, it makes me want to puke.

So, please help me understand dear internet.



Why are women so bitchy?

Have you ever been cyber-bullied?


Thank you for letting me get that off my chest. Normal mundane activity to recommence shortly.

EDITED TO ADD - The lovely lady in question has put her picture back up. She is humbled by all your beautiful comments.

I need a wine.....
Related Posts with Thumbnails