December 21, 2011

Thoughts, Observations, an Apology and fluffy sandwiches.

WE ARE NOT A CRAFTY FAMILY

Never a truer sentence has ever been written on this blog. In fact,  I had to check of craft was spelt with a K or a C. Yesterday we cracked open a craft kit that our neighbours gave us for Christmas. Sarah does a LOT of craft with her kids. My kids usually go over to her place to do craft. Anyway, she gave us a kit that told us we had to paint to mugs,  leave them for 24 hours and then bake them in the oven. Which now makes me a crafty, baking mum.

I THOUGHT A LOT ABOUT MY BLOG

I thought about my blog and why it is never going to win an award. I was surprised and amused to see that a particular blog won our regions BEST BLOG.  The blogger in question takes a lot of photos of her little pet bunny in various costumes.  She must drug her bunny as it took my AGES to get this one shot of XO. It was not worth the effort, so I will just continue documenting the mundane.

I WAS ASKED TO PRINT A RETRACTION

I unknowingly sent readers to the wrong website to order Fit Flops. The correct website is http://www.fitflop.com.au/ . I am very very sorry. But my ass is firmer than before!


SOMETHING IS GOING ON WITH HARRY AND I LIKE IT

Yesterday I told the boys that if they did not come and annoy me during my sleep in I would take them to McDonalds for lunch. When I got out of bed,  Harry had filled some vases with freshly cut flowers from the garden. Later we went to shave off his Mohawk and then went to get some fruit and veg. While at the fruit and veg shop,  a lady came up to me and asked if I was Harry's Mum. I started to panic and said "Well,   yes but....." and she went on to tell me that she had never met a more polite, well mannered boy. Turns out he picked up something she dropped and then let her go ahead of him down an isle.

It was one of those moments that you are so proud of your kid you could bust.

AND now, typing this post this morning,  he has bought me in breakfast. (see above). I am sure I should be concerned about him handling sharp knives or something. Anyway. Good Work Haz! Mummy loves you baby. 
SOMETIMES BEING SMUG CAN COME BACK AND BITE YOU ON THE ASS

"That is right,  I have finished my Christmas Shopping" "I always buy a little something extra in case I forget someone." "I am clearly without a functioning front temporal lobe as I have no gifts for my husband and children as I was focusing on everyone else." I have to go BACK today and I am upset about it.


FINALLY, A PRACTICAL PARENTING TIP

This time last year, we Woogs went and lived in Bali for 6 weeks. I know. I hate me too. While we were frolicking in the sun and lazing our days away, back home a schoolbag grew some fur. And that fur grew and grew until it grew legs and became like a medium sized puppy. A stinky puppy. And the stink greeted us all those weeks later when we arrived home.

Ladies,  please make sure your kids lunchboxes have been unpacked by now. Just saying.

And that is how I have spent the first few days of the holidays.
Isn't in amazing what you can get up to without even realising it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails