November 01, 2010

The people that you meet when you are a Blogger.

I get lots of lovely emails and comments from people who read my blog. And a few crazy ones, which I enjoy before passing them onto SawHole to answer them on my behalf. I get asked to review adult sex toys, recommend certain types of washing detergent and spruik the benefits of evasive free plastic surgery. All of which you will realise has gone unpublished.

And occasionally someone SO VERY RANDOM will reach out and and share their lives with me. One such person is Dr Scott McQuate.

A few months back, I wrote a post which was very widely read, in the States in particular. And I think it because everyone has claimed to invent this item.





Well in was way back in 1996. I was living in a 4 bedroom house in North London with 16 other people. We had Italians, French and a few feisty Japanese flatmates. Mr Woog and myself were the only Aussies and it could be safely said we were having trouble dealing with the cold. Everyone was stony cold broke, and stone cold. None of the heating worked.

I had a nasty polar fleece blanket - purple if I remember correctly. One evening I was on the couch under it watching Eastenders, when a small ember dropped from my fag and quickly set the blanket alight. Mr Woog poured his can of Tennent Lager on me to douse the flames while I screamed and squealed.

A short time later, after we found out the fire alarms were there just for show and we actually did live in a death trap, I was able to demonstrate to the multicultural household the benefits of having a blanket with a hole in it. I cut another hole in it and VOILA! The Snuggie was born!!

So I heard from Dr Scott McQuate.......


That's neat!

Now, for the rest of the story...

Sometime around 1990, when I finished my undergrad at Asbury College (Asbury University now), I had an idea for a long, warm blanket with sleeves. I was an avid reader and got tired of having to take my hand out from under the blanket to turn the page. (It was hard enough to hold the book!) I was going to call it, naturally...The Book Blanket.

I drew the plans on a sketch pad and presented it to my grandmother with high hopes of enlisting her help to create one that I could present as a prototype. Within one week she had one sewn together. She had used an old yellow-ish blanket and two sleeves from one of my grandpa's thermal underwear tops. It was not 'identical' to my drawing, which was a more flowing, less confining pattern, but grandma had captured the basic idea (and it was free, so I wasn't complaining).

I went down to Columbus, OH to do some patent research, fully intending to patent my new invention. I entered Seminary soon thereafter, stayed to get my Doctorate, and just put the 'Book Blanket' on the back burner. I wish I had followed through, providing page-turning freedom to book lovers everywhere, but I'm glad someone was able to bring it to market to emancipate and warm the cuddled masses. It's obviously been a 'hit'! - Dr. Scott McQuate


Thank you Dr. McQuate! But I both think we know where we are going with this. The Civil Law Legal System.

Mrs Woog's Bio

I can be found in the laundry, folding laundry, sorting laundry and dropping off the dry cleaning. I am mum to two boys, boss of my husband and master of a cat and two guinea pigs. I love to laugh and enjoy a social tipple. Come nightfall, I am a professional channel surfer dedicated to yelling at the screen during the news. During my waking hours I ferry kids around in the car while drinking takeaway coffees.

I think about going to the gym every day.


Dr Scott McQuade's Bio


With Financial crises, food shortages, political upheaval, geophysical changes, social uneasiness and generalized uncertainty staring every citizen of the world in the face, more people than ever are asking the question, where is the United States, even the world headed and what, if any, are the solutions? Scott McQuate, MSP, the author of Blueprint for Bondage, is a voice to speak to those issues in our time.

Applying his knowledge of the scriptures and ancient historical texts to find answers to these and many other relevant questions, he has relayed this controversial, but much-needed message to the world.

McQuate has always known that the truth of the creator, found in the Bible and elsewhere, has guided him on his journey. He has accepted, with open arms, his call to disseminate the truth found within the pages of these and other ancient writings. His message is one of wakefulness and urgency for the preparation of the 'hearers' for their safety, temporally, here on earth and eternally. Unfortunately, most are asleep in Babylon (Isa. 29:10).

It is his sincere hope that his readers who have ears to hear will choose to join him on this journey, spreading the truth to break through the deceptive darkness of lies that have kept the world in bondage for too long. It is time to receive the true blessings that belong to us.

Mr. McQuate grew up in Shiloh, Ohio. He graduated from Mansfield Christian High School and has attended Mount Vernon Nazarene University as well as Ashland Theological Seminary. He received his Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from Asbury College and his Master's Degree in Scriptural Psychology from Midwest Theological Seminary. He has worked as a Licensed Social Worker on Death Row and various Mental Health Facilities, as well as a Financial Consultant. He is the owner of Paxeon, LLC, a Financial Services company focused on sound financial preparedness and rapid debt elimination. (His average client saves $200,000 and pays off their mortgage in as little as 3 years...ALL without raising their payment or refinancing; and they don't even pay for the program out of pocket.) He also owns Paxeon Mobile, a wireless company offering discounted, unlimited wireless plans on the Nations best networks.

So dear reader, taking into account everything you have read, comparing stories and considering our backgrounds, who do you believe invented the Baby Snuggie?

Related Posts with Thumbnails