August 28, 2013

The Spring Fashion Report.

Because spring is not far away, I thought it was time to dip our tow into the wardrobe and give it a bit of a shake up. I feel I am qualified to discuss fashion, as I am currently gussied up like this.



Ok, so we have that covered off, I am going to share a few of my rules when it comes to wardrobe maintenance.

I have a steadfast habit of, when making a new purchase, I take it out of the bag and hang it up. Then, with the bag still in my hand, I take two items that I have not worn in donkeys, and put them into that bag.

That bag is then taken to the local charity store.

This works well, because you are thinning out as you go and only adding clothes that you actually like. And really, you should not drink and shop online on a Friday night. That is another tip I learnt the hard way.

This week is OP SHOP WEEK, visit HERE and get on board people!

Now you have purged yourself of polyester regrets, you now have space in your wardrobe to fill. Here are a few things that have found their way into the quagmire in the past 3 months. Some good stuff, and some caveat emptor-esque.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
HANDY! Worn with a white t-shirt and jeans in the day and trot it out of an evening with a black "column" underneath, that being a black tank and black pants, or ye olde condom dress which Seed now stocks permanently thanks to THAT post.

I also like to pop this on when I am feeling a bit shit because SPARKLY!

Ok, next one is a shirt that I reckon is pretty great. Ezibuy sent me some clothes to wear on the telly, which is good because you know, that first picture up there....

Amongst the stuff was this shirt, known as the Sara Poplin Shirt*. I normally shy away from shirts because they make me feel a bit boxy but, according the the Channel 7 Stylist Brooke, these are terrific because of something called "structure."



These are available in sizes 16-28 and come in 18 different colours. Currently on sale, prices between $18 - $29. You have my permission to go nuts HERE.

Their new colours for this season are HERE at $49.99.

ARE WE READY FOR A FASHION FAIL YET?

To be fair, I didn't try these on when I bought them but I thought they were exactly like my khaki ones that I bought at the start of winter. BUT THEY ARE NOT! A totally different cut.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
You cannot really tell from this picture, but there are a lot of stitching going across the thighs, and as there is no stretch in them, when I sat down wearing them, all I could think of was this......

Which is the reason, ironically.
Ok, everyone needs a good black cardi, and this is the best one around.

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
This is draping at it's finest and the pleather panels over the shoulders and across the back makes it fit like a glove. Knocks the kilos off like a mofo and has survived several outings in the washing machine. RESPECT!

And for the perfect thing to layer that cardi, check out these. Fitted over your chesticals and then.... SCHWING!

Fashion writing is hard! This is taking FOREVER.....

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
The jury is still out on this one. The tags may come off if I ever feel the need to milk a cow.....

AND NOW TO THE WISH LIST!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
Simple navy shirt from Ollie and Max. Love this label as they cater for sizes 8 - 24 and it is quality, quality, quality. Would look nice with the strapped ham pants, if you have nice legs.

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
"Neat fitted silhouette features a front overlay with spliced Leather-effect panels. "

This to me means FORGIVING! I will give this a go and hopefully it will replace the black dress I have that, once it hits the tips of my nips, billows out like a circus tent, making me look like a large, Greek widow in mourning.


AND NOW FOR MY BIGGEST FASHION FAIL.

A fail so big, it hurts. DRUMROLL PLEASE!

CLICK HERE IF YOU ARE A SADDEST
So I thought I was so tough. A STUDDED SHOE! The "FUCK YOU" of the humble ballet flat.

I obviously have and unusual gait which causes my ankle to connect with the opposing heel. After a day in the city walking around yesterday, I came home and looked like this......

WTF!
So, avoid these at all costs, even though I love them to look at. In the end I had to walk around like I had spent a day riding a horse.

So there you have it, My Quarterly Report into my fashion fails and triumphs.

Anything catch your eye?

Who is going to do a wardrobe cleanout with me this weekend?

Have you got a super find you would like to share in the comments? Be my guest!

xx

*was sent this
Related Posts with Thumbnails