March 11, 2013

Polishing a turd. Part two.

 Yesterday morning, I flicked through the paper and congratulated myself on being fashion forward. I OWN THESE UNDERPANTS! Am way ahead of the game...



Alan arrived and we discussed the possibility of transforming the side part of the house, encased in breeze brick, into a ladies cocktail lounge. He said "I will do it for you." which is what he says anytime I speak to him. 

My love for Alan grows daily.


Alan and Steven then busied themselves tearing out the rotting kitchen. I told Alan I wanted black and white chequered tiles on the floor. He accused me of being old fashioned.



At the end of the day, we were left with this. Do not mind the accidental product placement, but yes, I can recommend those removalists even though they left the dryer back at the other house.

*shakes fist*


Last night the kids ate pizza on the floor.


Because our current kitchen looks like this!



I chose to dine sitting on the back step, looking up into the sky, trying to imagine I was in Bali.


I never want Alan to leave, but he thinks he will be done by the end of the week. If you live near Sydney and need stuff done, you can email Alan at truongalan16@gmail.com and he will do it for you. 



There are a few Polishing a Turd posts left in this series. The garden, the bathroom and a gazillion other things. I hope you are not getting sick of them.

But the one thing that I do need to do is to come up with a name for this place and get a fancy plaque made, so it does not feel left out from all the other houses in the street. I think I have come up with something appropriate....
Unless you can come up with something better?
Related Posts with Thumbnails