September 21, 2012

Hanging out to hang out.

8.30am. Friday 21st September

The last week of the school term is always a bit of an asshole, if you ask me anyway. I am over it. Completely. Stick a fork in me, I am done and all that. The kids are completely feral. It is like we have all given up any sliver of civility and are watching and waiting for a break in our mundane.

The ironic thing is that in 2 weeks, I will be gagging to get the Woogettes back to school. You know the drill, right?

I picked up Sonia Kluger yesterday. Thank you so much for all your feedback and suggestions. Especially those whose partner's are mechanics and took the time to email me their opinions. The internet is not about perverts and trolls. It is full of wonderfully kind folk, who for some reason, give a shit about other people. Thank you.

Even though I am now with car, I am still walking the kids to school. I've grew attached to that little ritual. It provided 20 minutes of talking time with no fights. I walk in the middle of them both and point out all the dog shits so they could avoid them. In return, they take it in turns to ask me question after question. I feel like I am a contestant on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" but without the money part. Some pearlers of late include...

"What is dog poo actually made of?"
"If you don't believe in God, can you still go to heaven?"
"How high is the Eiffel Tower?"
"What do sharks taste like?"

By the time we actually get to school, the questions that cannot be answered "How far up does the sky go?" are referred onto their class teachers. I literally throw them through the gate with a quick kiss, shoot the Parking Door Bitch a filthy glare and meander home, via the cafe.

This afternoon, I am looking forward to putting schoolbags under beds AFTER I TAKE OUT THE LUNCHBOXES and washing these uniforms for the last time for a fortnight. I then plan to open the bottle of champagne with a mate and sit on the front verandah, toasting our success at getting through another term unscathed. News days, library days, homework, after school activities, trips to the Principals office, trips to collect kids from sick bay, reading groups, the notes (oh god.. the notes!), the excursions, the tantrums, the tears and in my case, the tiaras. All completed. 

It is time to slip into neutral for a while.




Do you hang out to hang out in the school holidays?


The Winner of the Apple Green Kitchen Aid was Lisa Smith.
Tic Tac Paddy Whack Toffee Apple Snack
Thanks for playing along!



Related Posts with Thumbnails