July 29, 2012

A Woog at the Guge

I am sitting here in our little apartment listening to the sounds of the city. The jet lag is fairly hideous and has not been helped out by the fact that my travelling partner and I have been behaving like a couple of schoolies let loose in one of the greatest cities in the world.


I have left BabyMac on 5th Avenue and she had the look of a crazy woman, credit card in hand. The shopping is ridiculous and I will post soon about some little purchases that have been made. Like these......

get in my ears already
To celebrate this particular purchase, we trotted out again last night with our friend the Hedge Fund Manager and his mate Ugo to the Meat Packing District. Dinner was had here where I ordered the lobster bisque. When the waiter asked how my meal was, I was very quick to point out that it was akin to angels pissing on my tonsils. 


It was one of those meals that I will always remember.


Dinner was followed by dancing of course, at a very cool establishment full of fancy ladies in skin tight dressed and big heels. And one nearly 40 year old in a condom dress and ballet flats. Together BabyMac and I showed the crowd some super cool moves such as the robot, start the mower and the sprinkler. And we met some very groovy folk.


Kaela Humphries nd Geo Burke. "Plus Sized" Supermodels. Plus size? pppffft

Geo is an Aussie and is craving some Bundy Rum and Kaela's brother married Kim Kardashian for 72 days and yes, I did ask all the questions about that! Like you do....

Anyway, our good intentions for a quiet evening flew out the window quicker than you can say "Make mine a Manhattan" and we again woke up this morning with the sensation you get when a dog takes a dump in your mouth.

So we went to The Guggenheim Museum.

The Guggenheim Museum was founded in 1939 by Solomon Guggenheim, who was way ahead of the times and was a keen collector of avant-garde art. The actual building was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. And the building, in my opinion, is the greatest piece of art there.

You don't just go and look at the museum, you experience it. Starting at the top, we snaked our way around with jaws agape. A room full of Kandinski's? There it is. There was a section for European Masters, which seemed like a bit of an add on compared to the large modern main exhibition. Beautiful Monet's. Cezanne's sitting next to Picasso's. So amazing it hurt my eyes.

In news from home, The Pirates won a game! It made me a bit sad that I missed that, but I know that I need to make the most of my time away and there will be plenty of games to see in the future. 

Tonight I think there might be a slice of pizza on the cards, followed by a meander down the Hudson. They say that this is the city that never sleeps, which is lucky as my jet lag needs some midnight company.


I am in New York thanks to 


Related Posts with Thumbnails