June 10, 2012

Slow Down. You move too fast.

Every morning when I wake up sufficiently enough, I bellow out the words SNUGGLE TIME! You can then hear a dull thunder which turns into a very loud thunder as the door to the bedroom flies open and like two hyperactive little puppies, the boys jump into bed with me.


We have a ten minute casual meeting and talk about the upcoming day, when we need to do, where we need to go and who we need to remember to pick up from which freaking activity I had booked them into because it seemed like a good idea at the time.


BUSY STUFF!


And then there is today.


Mr Woog has gone to Wollongong to do a motorbike riding course so he can do burnouts and wheelies and shit that you dreamt of doing when you where like... 13 but your mum would not let you. Because it was unsafe and ridiculous.


So it is just me and my boys here today. In our Snuggle Time Meeting this morning, Jack asked for a soft pant day, a day which is dedicated to getting about in PJ's pants or Trackie pants. A day where we surrender to lazing around under blankets, snoozing, doing a little writing, maybe make a cake while listening to some tunes.





And that is just what the doctor ordered! It is cold outside. I think we will get as energetic as walk to the cafe for a little lunch, then an hour walking and biking so I am not a complete lazy gimp (I walk. Kids Bike. Bikes scare me)


We have Babysitter Ben booked for tonight so Mr Woog can retell me all about his awesome burnouts and wheelies over a drink  without Masterchef being on in the background.


Who doesn't love a lazy long weekend?


Whatever you are doing and where-ever you are (unless you are in jail, where everyday is a long weekend I suspect) I hope you are relaxing. Kicking around the cobblestones, looking for fun and feeling groovy.



Related Posts with Thumbnails