May 02, 2012

Woogsworld in the Press

Yesterday my friend and fellow blogger Glowless alerted me to the fact that my blog was featured in an online article for The Australian Woman's Weekly.


I always wondered why they called it Women's Weekly when it is published monthly, but on reflection The Women's Monthly might find it hard to sell ad space, unless it was for tampons and Nurofen....


But I digress.


The article was really nice and talked about some of the best "undiscovered" and amateur blogs in the country, which shot down my confidence as a professional blogger, acne cultivator, guinea pig breeder and Fashion Week Guru.


But the thing that concerned me the most was the title of the section the article was published under.





A smoothly run household is the key to a happy family? What the fuck does that even mean?


So I am going to write to The Woman's Weekly today, thanking them for the lovely mention and suggesting that they re-think their tagline. As it is totally naff (and a little bit patronising)


I am thinking something like....


BUSY MUMS
The area for Mums who know that vodka and a pizza menu is the key to a happy family.




or


BUSY MUMS
The area for Mums who know that if their milk is still in date and there is weetbix somewhere, is the key to a happy family.


I ask you, Do you think a smoothly run household is the key to a happy family?

Or is it something else.....









Related Posts with Thumbnails