April 23, 2012

Mrs Woog for Target

With one week to go before the start of Mercedes Benz Australian Fashion Week, my thoughts have turned to the talented Aussie Designers who continue to eek a living out of this terrifyingly hard industry.Where one minute you are a complete fashion darling, and the next minute you are selling deodorant.

Or themed shampoos.

Over the years, the retail chain Target has tried to close the gap between the fashion elite and your average street punter, by inviting heralded designers to collaborate with their marketing team and come up with a collection to flog.

I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I WAS ONE OF THOSE IDIOTS WHO LINED UP AT TARGET TO BUY SOMETHING FROM STELLA MCCARTNEY IN 2007.

Since then, Target have teamed with Missoni, Jason Wu and Josh Goot. AND Dita Von Tesse, who is not really a designer, but a fancy stripper. So I figures,  if a fancy stripper gets a turn, surely a mundane housewife could have a crack.

So I give you my concept. 12 essential items that will enhance housewife duties.

Which items tickles YOUR fancy?
What else do you think I should add?

Related Posts with Thumbnails