January 13, 2012

Pulling myself out of my funk..............

Well yesterday turned out to be a bit of a shit actually.  I felt myself sliding into the familiar sads that I get from time to time.  I think it was a mixture of post vacation come down, the never-ending motherfucking washing pile that I just want to set fire to and the fact that Mr Woog is going away next week for two weeks and I am swinging between wanting to cry in his arms and giving him a caning. With a cane.

And then......

I wrote a blog post yesterday about an iPhone case cover with a built in bottle opener. Later in the day I was listening to the old people radio station I sometimes listen to (OH THE SHAME.....) while folding the never-ending motherfucking washing when I hear the announcer talk about the Las Vegas Tech Convention and basically read my blog post out. It was so uncanny and surreal. So I emailed him and said "Cool, you read my blog!"  and he ... get this.... ANNOUNCED ON AIR THAT HE DID NOT HAVE TIME TO READ BLOGS AND THAT HE HAD GOT MY EMAIL!

Fucking hell!  So I looked at the ISP thingy that can tell me exactly who and when people have clicked onto this site,   and there it was. 12.44pm. Did you know you can do that? Neither did I until yesterday....

So I sent another email pointing out that indeed SOMEONE had read that post from his office and he was really nice and said his "friend" had told him about the gadget. The rest of it must have been a co-incidence.

So then I spiralled into snarly shits-land because social media seems to have escaped the rules when it comes to traditional media and plagiarism............. and then a poured a large vodka and talked it through with Mr Woog and felt a whole lot better. After the second vodka.

AND THEN......

I woke up this morning to find that the beautiful and talented Wendy Harmer had featured this post on her most excellent social media community site The Hoopla!

AND THEN.....

My lovely mother in law came and took the Woogettes out for the morning!

AND THEN.......

I ate poppy seed bagel!

AND THEN.......

I realised it was time to announce the winners of the Hugo giveaway! Congratulations to Kell, Rikki and Rachel. I will be in touch soon.

AND THEN......

I realised I should share my technology task of the week,  which was to design a movie poster.
AND FINALLY!

I realised today is a brand new day and I needed to pull myself out of my funk, so after lunch I will be taking the boys out to buy them new school shoes. Because that is always so much fun. Except that it is not.

How do you pull yourself out of a funk?
Related Posts with Thumbnails