July 06, 2011

Born on the 6th of July

Today is my Birthday.  Yep, I am now 38.  When I was young,  I can remember my mum being 38 and me thinking I could never be that old.  How wrong was I!

Anonymous
Birthdays are nature's way of telling us to eat more cake.

Steven Wright
Last week the candle factory burned down. Everyone just stood around and sang, 'Happy Birthday.'

Samuel Johnson
The return of my birthday, if I remember it, fills me with thoughts which it seems to be the general care of humanity to escape.

Father Larry Lorenzoni
Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

Robert Frost
Time and Tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty.

Erma Bombeck
A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife an electric skillet for her birthday.

Mary Schmich
Like many women my age, I am 28 years old.

George Burns
People ask me what I'd most appreciate getting for my eighty-seventh birthday. I tell them, a paternity suit.

Robert Frost
A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.

John Glenn
There is still no cure for the common birthday.

But my favourite birthday quotes came in the form of a card I got last night.  I went to see Bridesmaids with my Bridesmaids,  The Divine Ms M,  Uberkate and Mrs Finlayson.  We had a bite to eat beforehand and I was presented with all sorts of wonderfulness.  Including this card........


Which made me howl with laughter before I pointed out that the Lord was not listening.

And in the card was the following message from the Bridesmaids.

As John Leonard,  the famous literary critic once said "It takes a long time to grow an old friend" which we thought was lovely.  Then we were reminded of Joe. E Lewis and his famous quote on friendship. "Show me a friend in need and I will show you a pest." Which we thought was far more interesting.

Perhaps the best quote to sum you up our darling friend is by Evelyn Waugh. "We cherish our friends not for their ability to amuse us, but for our ability to amuse them.."

You amuse us everyday. From the Bottom of our hearts thank you. We love you. xxxxx

PS Your idol Oprah's quote on friendship? "Lots of people will ride in the limo with you, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you, when the limo breaks down."  FYI None of us will take the bus with you. xxx


I teared up a little bit before calling them bitches. Lovely bitches of course.


Related Posts with Thumbnails