March 26, 2013

Fangirl

Yesterday morning I literally marched up to the school to discuss the bully in the class. I marched because Sonia Kluger was at the cosmetic surgery, having yes another wrinkle removed, sustained as part of a hit and run incident that occurred to her while I was languishing on a beach up north.

A note to folk who hit parked cars and leave the scene without a note. You are an asshole.

Anyway, the unpleasantness dealt with, including a few tears from myself which were uncomfortably received by the teacher we met with,  teacher who was wonderful to say the very least, and I had to hightail it out of there.

For I had a date!

Fangirl is a relatively new term to the modern day vocabulary and is defined by Urban Dictionary as;

A rabid breed of human female who is obsessed with either a fictional character or an actor. Similar to the breed of fanboy. Fangirls congregate at conventions and live journal. Have been known to glomp, grope, and tackle when encountering said obsessions.
Hugh Jackman: 'ello.
Fangirl: SQUEEEEEE! *immediately attaches to Jackman's leg*
Jackman: Security!
Rabid breed? Bit harsh... I take my fangirling a bit slower...

I tend to fangirl funny, real, relatable clever chicks. Think Chrissie Swan, Wendy Harmer, Anne Summers, Julia Morris, Judith Lucy, Kitty Flanagan, Nellie Thomas, Magda, Jane Turner and Gina Riley.

In fact, I would love to be stuck on a plane with them. Or in a stinky bathroom or even sharing a changing room with them at the Boxing Day sales. In a non pervy way of course. More in a bonding "Can you duck out and grab me the chartreuse..." way

Yesterday I was off to have lunch with someone I have admired for years, spurred on by my offspring's infatuation with Masterchef.



Julie Goodwin glows. There is no other word to describe it. She is warm and funny and all things I like in a chick, including the ownership of a kind heart.

Julie and her husband Mick have recently returned from Uganda, where they went to visit their sponsor child, and are now assisting Child Fund Australia with the work that they do.

I snuck a glace at her while a video of her meeting her sponsor child was played and there were tears rolling down her face as her husband rubbed her back.

REAL!

You can check out Julie's Involvement with Child Fund Australia by clicking here. No gloom, no guilt, but a optimistic outlook from one of Australia's favourite daughters.

Julie signed an autograph for the boys, and advised them to "EAT YOUR VEGGIES" making Jack score the autograph 3 out of 10, as he is not a fan. (of veggies)


Who would you like to be stuck in a lift with? Really.... WHO?


Related Posts with Thumbnails