January 23, 2013

The Hoopla Post and Irony and how they should get married.


I thought I would share a quick tale following The Hoopla story I wrote which was published today. And provoked a whole lot of debate, and the dreaded SHAME ON YOU to be thrown at me.

Which is fine. I write on the internet. Not everyone is going to like me.

Click here for the backstory.

Now here is the interesting thing. I filed that story at about 2pm, before again going to collect my kids from tennis. You think they would be playing in the Open this week, the amount of tennis they have been doing.

Having learnt my lesson, I parked correctly in a designated space. I went to collect the kids and came back to find...


I HAD BEEN PARKED IN!

I sat in the car for a while, smiling at the irony of it all. 

After a few minutes, I got out to track down the person who had parked me in. It was a lady, who was flustered and apologetic. 

She had 3 little kids with her and had lost track of time, getting caught up with finding missing items and the like.

The only thing I could do was to reassure her that it was ok. I would be a total hypocrite to do anything else. 

She said she would never do it again. I told her I had recently made the same promise, a promise to park considerately at all times, freeing me from the chance of ever copping an earful again. 

Which leaves me to fully, and 100% believe....

Related Posts with Thumbnails