August 24, 2012

A blog about nothing.

Last week I was dying of the flu. I think I complained to everyone who would listen. I eventually went to see Dr Lauren who told me to go to bed and get some rest. And that according to her records, I had not had a pap smear for a while, so while I was there, lets get to it. I ended up getting a total grease and oil change. Not the greatest start to the week, but unlike most tests in which I fail miserably, I passed! GO ME.

AND SPEAKING OF GREASE AND OIL CHANGES.....

The Mazda is still at the mechanics. I receive a solemn call each afternoon from the mechanic, giving me a progress report and a revised version of the cost. This is not a nice way to end the day, but a perfect excuse to slide into wine time a little earlier that normal.

This morning as I walked to Woogette's to school, we passed the Mazda on the street (The Mechanics are conveniently located at the end of our road.) I noticed that her front bumper bar, the piece of car that fell off at the lights last week, was back in it's rightful place, secured by 6 large strips of masking tape. 

I mean, I could have done that myself! Even better in fact. I actually own a hot glue gun. I think the mechanic is trying to keep the costs down, after I gasped when he told me the price of the new starter motor.

AND SPEAKING OF WALKING TO SCHOOL.....

I am a little bit sad that Harry reluctantly holds my hand and drops it like he has been bitten by a snake if we spy another student from their school. Oh you are SOOO COOOL now. We do not meander through meadows and speak to cows on the way to school. We dodge motherfucking trucks, so sometimes hand holding is necessary.



But the walk to school is offsetting another addition that I have managed to pick up recently.



AND SPEAKING OF COMPULSIONS.......

Jack has taken up the task of re-organising the kitchen cupboards. MUMMY LOVES YOU BABY! I am sure it is an early warning sign that someone might be suffering from a little early onset Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, but until such time that I think we need to have it addressed in a professional capacity, I will turn a blind eye and enjoy the spoils of his labor.




AND SPEAKING OF REALLY LAME WAYS TO WRAP UP A BLOG POST.......

This is actually my 1000th blog post, a fact that I only discovered by chance last night. So instead of doing a recap and write up of the site, or chuck myself a party, I thought I would focus on the mundane. Which is my quiche. And that being so, it guarantees that I will never, ever run out of things to blog about.

Today I celebrate lots of posts, but none of them fancy like these...

WISHING YOU A WONDERFULLY MUNDANE WEEKEND.
And thanks for reading.


Related Posts with Thumbnails