December 22, 2011

BPOTY {aka the Best Post of the Year - from my blog anyway}

About a week ago, I got myself into a spot of the blues when I started hearing about my mates Christmas Parties, and how fun they were and how it was great to let your hair down after a years worth of hard work. And then I stood up straight, looked out of the window of my lady room, up to the sky and thought....

Fuck That!

And so I sorted out my own WoogsWorld Christmas Party.

The invites went out VERY late (26 minutes before it kicked off) so Sawhole was unable to make it. But I arrived on time,  to my kitchen where I had thoughtfully prepared myself a little welcoming treat.



And goddammit, I drank that champagne and ate the chips (left the Jelly Bellies - am a savoury gal) Pine-o-Cleaned the bench tops and sat down with the $2 Shop Ceramic Santa to revisit the Woog Ex-Files to come up with the best post of the year.

And it turns out the Best Post Of The Year (from now on this shall be known as the BPOTY's) was of course one I had little to do with.

So if you have read this before, re-read and reminisce. And if it is new to you, you are so very lucky.

Please enjoy. The BPOTY.



My eyebrows and fingernails are horrific. Face bloated and puffy from anaesthetic. Not one lick of makeup on - and yet, I have never been, nor will ever be, as beautiful as I look in this photo. It's Life, messy and unairbrushed. - Eden Riley


 
Something happened over the last 24 hours.  I wrote a post talking about how some women stress about the first few shots of them and their newborn, and what lengths they will go to to look fresh for the camera.


Then I casually asked on my Facebook Page,  if anyone was game enough to post their first picture taken of them and their newborn.  I thought Sawhole would do it,  after all she is my employee, but I would not have guessed how many people would join in.

SawHole
I am blown away.  These photos have made me laugh,  cry and everything in between. Thank you for helping me create this amazing space. If you or anyone you know is having a baby soon, trust me on this.

No one will be looking at your fingernails, your dark roots or your overgrown lady garden.

I feel beyond privileged that you have chosen to share these with me.















































And finally,  one of my favourites.  Want to find out more? Click here............


That right there, to me is magic. xx
Related Posts with Thumbnails