May 28, 2010

Me and Joe


I am crushing on Joe Hockey of all people. Perhaps it is his resemblance to Fozzy Bear. Or Shrek. Or perhaps I can relate to him as we both have an inclination to order Chicken Schnitzel at the pub and consequently struggle with a little extra flesh.

A few years ago, when I was teaching my son H to hate John Howard, we ran into Joe Hockey campaigning outside a Michele's Patisserie. Co-incidence?? Maybe.

Anyway, Joe gave H a balloon (which I popped later in the car as it had Liberal Party written all over it). I said to H, "This man is a friend of John Howard!" and H replies "John Howard is a Dickhead."

Anyway, I now like him a lot more since he bothered replying to an email I sent to both him and Verity Firth this week.

Read from bottom up. And have a great weekend!



Sent: Friday, 28 May 2010 11:10:34 AM
To: joe.hockey.mp@aph.gov.au

Thanks Joe, you might be aware that the current NSW Government is as useless as tits on a chicken, but will follow your suggestion nevertheless.

Thanks again

Mrs Woog

________________________________________
Subject: RE: School need your help!
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 09:54:57 +1000
From: Joe.Hockey.MP@aph.gov.au
To: mrswoog@hotmail.com

Thanks Mrs Woog for the email.

I have been contacted by several parents about this and I understand that this really is a once in a life time opportunity for the school to gain more desperately needed space.

While it is an issue that falls within the responsibility of the NSW government, rather than the federal, I have urgently written to the NSW Minister for Education urging her to ensure that the government attempts to buy this site at the auction.

If you haven’t already, it would be worthwhile contacting Gladys Berejiklian as the State Member as well.

Regards, Joe Hockey


From: Mrs Woog [mailto:mrswoog@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 26 May 2010 9:39 AM
To: Hockey, Joe (MP); office@firth.minister.nsw.gov.au
Subject: Our School need your help!

Dear Joe and Verity,

Please consider the immediate purchase of xxxx for the future expansion of xxx Public School.

As I am sure you are aware, our school has seen an explosion of enrolments which deems the current site unsuitable.

I have a son in Year One and another son, who has special needs, due to start in 2011. I feel the current site has the possibility of detrimentally impacting on the excellent education we currently enjoy at our school.

As time is of the essence, I urge you to seek information and act quickly so our school community can have the resources and space is deserves.

Many thanks for your time,

Mrs Woog
0
Related Posts with Thumbnails